If you want to add to these tips, please do so in the comments section below.
1. Search Exact Phrases – If you’re looking for an exact phrase, use quotation marks around the keywords to view results containing that exact phrase.
2. Exclude a word – If your search terms contain a keyword with several meanings, you can exclude one of the meanings by adding a hyphen (-) before the keyword.
3. Search a specific domain – You can search within a particular URL by including the operator
site:example.combefore or after your keywords.
4. Generate similar content – To generate content similar to those found on a URL you already know, use the
related:operator before adding the URL.
5. Search for words in text – To retrieve pages where all the keywords appear in the body of the page, use the
allintext:operator before the search terms.
6. Search for words in title – Similar to number 5, you can retrieve pages whose titles contain the keywords you’re searching for by using the
7. Search for multiple phrases – You can enter more than one query into Google at a time to view pages with one of the specified keywords. Just use a capitalised “OR” to separate the terms.
8. Find news by location – To look for news items emerging from a particular location, use the
location:operator, then add the city name.
9. Search by file type – If you’re looking for a specific file on the Web, you can use the
filetype:operator to specify the particular document type you’re searching for, and Google will restrict results to pages containing those document types.
10. Forgotten words – An asterisk acts as a wildcard to help you find the missing word in a phrase. You can also get suggestions by using Google’s auto-completion feature. Just type out the full phrase, then delete the word you want to replace.
11. Find a page that links to another url – Using the
link:operator, you can find pages that link to another url. This is probably more useful for SEOs who are searching for backlinks to a specific page.
12. Perform calculations on Google Search – You can simply type in the equation and get the result instantly.
13. Find exact sunrise and sunset times in any location
14. Find exact scores of sport games simply by entering the team name or competition.
15. Use Google to determine the local time of any city.
16. Find your public IP address.
17. You don’t need a dictionary; just ask Google.
18. Search for books by your favourite author.
19. And music from your favourite artist.
20. You can view flight schedules on Google.
21. Google can convert between units.
22. And translate from one language to another.
23. Use Google as a countdown timer.
24. Use Google to view the weather forecast for different cities.