If you are using blogger then you should know how to backup blogger template and restore it. We need template modification several for many reasons. If you are running a blog, you may need to update the design of your blog. You may need to implement new functionality on your blog. You may need to insert something new into your blog. Whenever you think about modifying your blog by editing your template code, It is essential to backup your blogger template.
The design of your website is vital for improving the user experience. A beautiful looking blog can attract more people to revisit your site. So you should make necessary changes to improvise your blog. In this case, you will have to edit your blogger template. Or there could be many other purposes for editing blogger template.
So if you need to make any changes in your blogger template, then you should keep a backup as I have told above. Accidents could occur any time so you should be prepared. Surely you don’t want to lose your beautiful blogger template which you are modifying day by day. So before editing your Blogger template, you should backup a copy of it.
Backing up blogger template is not so tough. It is very easy. In this post, I will show you how to backup blogger template in two different way. And obviously, I will also show you how to restore blogger template in a step by step way. So let’s go for it.
Backing Up Blogger Template.
As I have told you that, I will show you two different way to backup blogger template so first of all let’s see method one. In this method, I will take a backup directly from the blogger template section’s download and backup area.
1. Login to your blogger account. Click on the Drop-Down Arrow as shown below. From the list, click on the template section.
2. At the top right corner, you will see a button named “Backup/Restore” Click on it.
3. A new popup window will open in front of you. Here you will find an orange button named “Download Full Template” Click on this and your blogger template will start downloading on your PC.
4. The file will be in an XML format. You can rename this file after downloading for easy remembering and access it too.
Restoring Blogger Template
Aftering backing up the template now we can proceed and see how to restore blogger template in a step by step way:
1. As you have done above, Go to the “Template” section.
2. At the top right corner, you will be able to see the “Backup/Restore” button.
3. Click on this button. The Same popup window will appear before you (Method 1: Step 3).
4. Now click on the “Browse” button and select the downloaded blogger template(The XML file) from your PC.
5. Click on the upload button and you are done. Within few seconds, your blogger template should be restored.
Backup And Restore Blogger Template (Copying & Pasting):
Now let’s see another method to backup and restore your blogger template. In this method, we will directly copy blogger template codes and paste in a text file on our PC. Let’s see how...
1. Login to your blogger account.
2. Click on the drop-down arrow and go to the template section. From here click on the “Edit HTML” button as shown below:
3. You will see your complete blogger template codes here. Copy the entire code and paste it into a text file on your PC. Save this file and you are done.
The text file will be saved in your PC(any folder you saved it). Whenever you want to restore the blogger template, you will have to open the saved text file on your PC. Copy the code from the text file and paste it in the blogger HTML area (From where you have copied the code).
Click on the “Save Template” button. Everything looks okay? Your template is restored.
- Note: You can not upload this text file for restoring blogger template as shown above.
Now we have here a complete solution for backup and restore blogger template. Hope you have enjoyed the article. If you have any confusion, then feel free to ask me through the comment area. You can also share your feedback there. Thank You.